Friday, December 21, 2012

Inspiration, Sketches and Ideas


Okay so in my previous post I've revealed the short story for the project so if u haven't read it yet; go for it. For the style of this animation i think we can do something very stylish like this one in term of design:

"Will" by Eusong Lee

 A very emotional piece... The point is go to your loved ones asap, give them bear hugs and tell them "I love you" while you still can. JUST DO IT !

Next, i think for Dude's adventure part, we can do it like a 2D platformer with super cool stage design like

Patapon

or

Machinarium

If u haven't checked out Machinarium, u really are missing out a masterclass game. My friend showed me the game last week and i have been playing it since. I'm a sucker for those clever puzzles. Plus, the artworks are just amazing !

Also if you go back to my very first post back in October, you can find the link to the "How to train your dragon" episode. Pay attention to the cartoon style part ( Gobber's memory ). I love that style ! 

I did some sketches - head studies plus extreme poses right here of the two best friends. The skinny long hair one is Dude. Check them out:






















Alright ! For my next post, i will be working on designing bands in the tournament that Dude has to face. Challenge Accepted !!!

Until then and HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY !!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment